A delicious, indulgent treat for a family movie night or an afternoon watching the game, featuring cherries, cream cheese, and chocolate chips! Quick and easy to make, this recipe uses self rising flour so the dough is ready in a snap. Check out my homemade pizza pockets using the same dough here.Jump to Video
Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert Pockets
Cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and chocolate chips make a delicious combination!
- Skillet and tongs
- 2 3/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- Oil for frying
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 11 oz. package Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oil in skillet to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, milk, and water.
- Stir to form a soft dough.
- Knead lightly.
- Divide dough into 8 portions.
- Pat each portion into a circle, about 1/3" thick.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until well incorporated and creamy.
- Spread cream cheese onto half of each dough circle.
- Top cream cheese with cherries and chocolate chips.
- Fold dough in half, enclosing the fillings, stretching dough gently as needed.
- Press edges together to seal. Dip fingers in water to wet the dough slightly if necessary to get it to stick!
- Fry dessert pockets on both sides until golden, turning with tongs halfway through.
Leave a Reply